An introduction to the owner, Karin Slade — Master Eventor and Chief Cherub!
Karin Slade began Catering By Design following years of private catering work in private homes for corporate CEO’s and families. As at August 2013, the business is 14 years old. She believes it is our job to take care of the client – removing any stress or concerns they may have and create an outcome that is memorable, fun and within their budget. She want them to enjoy their event, as if they were guests themselves. Karin was born and (with the exception of living overseas for 5 years) has always resided on the Northern Beaches.
Karin now has over 25 years experience as an event manager in Australia, England and Canada. Karin has an Associate Diploma in Hotel and Club Management. She also trained in Commercial Cookery at Ryde College of Catering Studies at Hotel Management.
Chief Cherub and Author
Karin is also the “Chief Cherub” at Heavenly Catering – servicing the funeral and wake market. She had eight (8) deaths in her family in five months and her empathy and understanding at wakes is very caring and very appreciated.
Karin is an Ambassador for Opportunity International, an organisation providing micro financing in third world countries and supporting micro businesses with micro loans. She also donates to the Volunteer Bush Fire Brigade and supports small businesses in the community with her program Powerhouse at Ponderosa – learning, support and community for small businesses! Karin sponsors South Narrabeen Surf Club and Catering By Design actively promotes and supports the majority of the surf clubs on the beaches regularly as venues for clients.
- Managing Director: Catering By Design, Heavenly Catering
- Winner: Business of the Year 2007 National Business Swap Awards for Catering By Design
- Winner: President of the Year 2007 National Business Swap Awards
- Former President: Northern Beaches Business Swap Australia 2007
- Nominee: Telstra Business Woman Of The Year 2007
- Client Services Director, Pinnacle Research Business Coaching Team
- National Executive Officer, Business SWAP Australia
- Manager, Sea Breeze Lodge, Hornby Island, Canada (Business Sponsorship)
- Bar Manager, Mount Washington Ski Resort, Canada (Business Sponsorship)
- Restaurant Manager, Metropole Hotel, Brighton Beach, England
- Silver Service Waitress, Marda Catering Appointments, England
- Night Club Manager, Tracks, Epping Hotel
- Duty Manager, Royal Motor Yacht Club, Broken Bay
- Promotions Manager, Forestville RSL Club
- Associate Diploma of Applied Science in Hospitality, Catering and Club Management, Ryde College of Catering and Hotel Management
- Commercial Cookery, Ryde College of Catering Studies
- Master Practitioner NLP
- Member of National Speakers Association of Australia
- Member of Northern Beaches Business SWAP
- Business awards: 2003, State and National Business “Swapper of the Year”
Partial Client List
- Lord Marshall of Kensington & Lady Marshall – Chairman of British Airways
- Mr Robert Alying – Chief Executive of British Airways
- Mr James Strong – Chairman of Woolworths and NRMA
- Mr Geoff Dixon – Chief Executive Officer of Qantas
- Mr Ken Chenault – Chairman & CEO of American Express
- Dr Fausto Ceretti – Chairman of Alitalia
- Mr Ken Borda – Chief Executive Officer of Deutsch Bank
- Mr Joseph Mifsud Bonnici – Chief Justice of Malta
- Mr Col Hughes – Chairman of National Tourist Authority
- Hon. Joseph Fenech – Minister of Justice, Malta
- Read more of our clients’ catering review…